qemu-devel

Re: [RFC] Using gitlab for upstream qemu repo?

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [RFC] Using gitlab for upstream qemu repo?
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 12:02:58 +0100

On 11/01/21 10:57, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
I will send a patch to point .gitmodules at GitLab. In the process of
doing this I noticed sgabios.git is not yet mirrored on GitLab. After I
create that repo (and any other missing repos) I will send a qemu.git
patch series that references the GitLab repos instead of qemu.org repos.

We can perform the mirroring direction switch that Paolo described above
independently.

So we have five steps:

1) pointing .gitmodules to GitLab

2) reversing mirroring so that GitLab pushes to qemu.git and not vice versa

3) adding a mirroring rule like (2) for qemu.git and qemu-web.git

4) moving qemu-web.git deployment from qemu.org hooks to GitLab CI.

I can take care of (2), and also (3) once we know it works well. Once Daniel's qemu-web.git CI work lands we can also do (4).

Paolo