qemu-devel

Re: Add LoongArch support to RISU?

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: Add LoongArch support to RISU?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 16:35:37 +0200

Doing that now.

On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 11:25 AM Song Gao <gaosong@loongson.cn> wrote:

> Hi, Phil
>
> On 09/26/2021 04:25 PM, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
> > Hi Xuerui,
> >
> > Looking at the script [1] used in your series adding LoongArch TCG
> > backend [2], I think all the bits are in place to also generate most
> > of the files required to run RISU [3] and use it to be able to test
> > Song Gao's LoongArch TCG frontend [4].
> >
> > Do you know developers / companies who might be interested in working
> > on this?
> >
> We can do it. Our plan is to complete LoongArch linux-user emulation, system
> emulation , TCG backend and others support.
> We plan to submit the system emulation code in mid and late October.  Xue rui
> had finished TCG backend. So we may doing this work after system emulation.
>
> We welcome others to do the work!

This might be a good project to present to Outreachy internship:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2021-08/msg03970.html

 "QEMU will apply for the Outreachy December-March round. This
  internship program offers paid, full-time, remote work internships for
  contributing to open source. QEMU can act as an umbrella organization
  for KVM kernel projects."

Stefan, are we past the deadline for submission?

Regards,

Phil.