qemu-devel

Re: Add LoongArch support to RISU?

From: WANG Xuerui
Subject: Re: Add LoongArch support to RISU?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 23:14:55 +0800

(also adding qemu-devel to Cc)

On 9/26/21 16:25, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
Hi Xuerui,

Looking at the script [1] used in your series adding LoongArch TCG
backend [2], I think all the bits are in place to also generate most
of the files required to run RISU [3] and use it to be able to test
Song Gao's LoongArch TCG frontend [4].
I skimmed over the source code in the afternoon, and indeed the encodings are textbook example of what should be auto-generated. However I didn't find the DSL syntax to be particularly palatable... maybe I was just reading a bit too quickly though.
Do you know developers / companies who might be interested in working
on this?

As Song replied, Loongson Corporation should be very interested in testing their own offerings. This collaboration is exactly what we as a community strive for, and I'll happily review any code here or in loongarch-opcodes repo for that.

Regards,

Phil.

[1] genqemutcgdefs from
https://github.com/loongson-community/loongarch-opcodes