qemu-devel

Re: Add LoongArch support to RISU?

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: Add LoongArch support to RISU?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 10:14:35 +0200

On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 04:35:37PM +0200, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
> Doing that now.
>
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 11:25 AM Song Gao <gaosong@loongson.cn> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, Phil
> >
> > On 09/26/2021 04:25 PM, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
> > > Hi Xuerui,
> > >
> > > Looking at the script [1] used in your series adding LoongArch TCG
> > > backend [2], I think all the bits are in place to also generate most
> > > of the files required to run RISU [3] and use it to be able to test
> > > Song Gao's LoongArch TCG frontend [4].
> > >
> > > Do you know developers / companies who might be interested in working
> > > on this?
> > >
> > We can do it. Our plan is to complete LoongArch linux-user emulation,
> > system emulation , TCG backend and others support.
> > We plan to submit the system emulation code in mid and late October.  Xue
> > rui had finished TCG backend. So we may doing this work after system
> > emulation.
> >
> > We welcome others to do the work!
>
> This might be a good project to present to Outreachy internship:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2021-08/msg03970.html
>
>  "QEMU will apply for the Outreachy December-March round. This
>   internship program offers paid, full-time, remote work internships for
>   contributing to open source. QEMU can act as an umbrella organization
>   for KVM kernel projects."
>
> Stefan, are we past the deadline for submission?

The Outreachy project idea deadline has been extended to September 29th.
QEMU contributors can submit project ideas they would like to mentor
here:
https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/qemu/

Please take a look at this email for more details on designing Outreachy
projects:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2021-08/msg03970.html

Thanks,
Stefan