qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 2/3] qga-win32: Add support for NVME but type

From: Marc-André Lureau
Subject: Re: [PULL 2/3] qga-win32: Add support for NVME but type
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 12:14:41 +0200

Hi

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 12:02 PM Konstantin Kostiuk <kkostiuk@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Richard and Marc-André
>
> I looked into the compilation problem and have 2 solutions:
> 1. We can add some conditions to the win2qemu definition and
> skip NVME support when old mingw-headers are used.
> 2. We can bump the version of the Fedora docker image to 36 or 37
> that is used for cross-compilation tests.
>
> I think the second option is more valuable because we remove
> pregenerated qga-vss.tlb file and now we can check VSS build only
> at Fedora 37.
>
> What do you think?

I'd try to do both: fix compilation with older headers, and bump our
CI to f36. I don't know if our windows build environment has strict
requirements like the unix/distro (build on old-stable for 2y). The
resulting win32 build is often shipped with all the dependencies (like
the installer from Stefan Weil). But there are also rolling "native"
distros, like msys2...