qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 2/3] qga-win32: Add support for NVME but type

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: [PULL 2/3] qga-win32: Add support for NVME but type
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 15:28:37 +0200

On 24/05/2022 15.17, Konstantin Kostiuk wrote:

    https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/about/build-platforms.html#windows
    <https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/about/build-platforms.html#windows>
>  <https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/about/build-platforms.html#windows
    <https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/about/build-platforms.html#windows>> :

     >     "The project supports building QEMU with current versions of the
    MinGW
     >     toolchain, either hosted on Linux (Debian/Fedora) or via MSYS2 on
    Windows."

     >     Since Fedora 35 is still a supported build host, I think you
    should make
     >     sure that it works with the MinGW toolchain from that distro, too.
     >

     > Currently, CI uses Fedora 33 which is already EOL. Fedora 35 has updated
     > mingw-headers and the current version of code compiles without any
    errors.
     > So if we want to support only Fedora 35+, we can just bump the CI
    docker image.

    Ah, right, I was looking at the wrong file. So yes, in that case, please
    simply update the docker image.

    What about Debian (since this is mentioned on the support page, too)? I
    think we don't have to worry about Debian 10 anymore, since Debian 10 will
    already be EOL once we release QEMU 7.1 ... but what about Debian 11? Do
    the
    MinGW packages there contain the updated headers, too?

As I know we do not test cross-compilation at Debian. Debian does not have
even mingw-glib2. Debian only has the mingw-gcc toolkit.

Oh, interesting! Then I wonder why Debian is mentioned there ... seems like it has been added here:

 https://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commitdiff;h=e6e80fcfd6c47823

Daniel, do you remember whether we supported Debian for MinGW cross-compilation in the past?

 Thomas