qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 2/3] qga-win32: Add support for NVME but type

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: [PULL 2/3] qga-win32: Add support for NVME but type
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 12:24:26 +0200

On 24/05/2022 12.14, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
Hi

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 12:02 PM Konstantin Kostiuk <kkostiuk@redhat.com> wrote:

Hi Richard and Marc-André

I looked into the compilation problem and have 2 solutions:
1. We can add some conditions to the win2qemu definition and
skip NVME support when old mingw-headers are used.
2. We can bump the version of the Fedora docker image to 36 or 37
that is used for cross-compilation tests.

I think the second option is more valuable because we remove
pregenerated qga-vss.tlb file and now we can check VSS build only
at Fedora 37.

What do you think?

I'd try to do both: fix compilation with older headers, and bump our
CI to f36. I don't know if our windows build environment has strict
requirements like the unix/distro (build on old-stable for 2y).

See https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/about/build-platforms.html#windows :

"The project supports building QEMU with current versions of the MinGW toolchain, either hosted on Linux (Debian/Fedora) or via MSYS2 on Windows."

Since Fedora 35 is still a supported build host, I think you should make sure that it works with the MinGW toolchain from that distro, too.

 Thomas