[RP] Can't get ratpoison to use rxvt

From: Arthur
Subject: [RP] Can't get ratpoison to use rxvt
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 20:15:05 -0500

I've been using ratpoison for about 2 days now and really like the concept.
However, there is one thing I can't seem to figure out. In the README it
says:

"By default, ratpoison is compiled using xterm. This is because more
users use xterm as opposed to alternative terms such as rxvt.

If you do want to use a different terminal program, edit conf.h and
edit the line:

#define TERM_PROG       "xterm" /* command to boot an x term */

to run you're favorite X term."

I didn't see that line in conf.h, so I added it and replaced "xterm" with
"rxvt"
However, when I install and start ratpoison it still uses an xterm. I even
tried putting in the full path to rxvt but it still didn't work. Not being a
programmer, i have no idea what i might be doing wrong, so if anyone could
advise I would appreciate it.

Also, now that I think about it - The screenshot provided (screenshots do
sometimes serve a purpose) shows 3 terms open, 2 on top and 1 taking up the
bottom half of the screen. When I start ratpoison, it takes up the entire
screen so I was wondering how to get it to use only a certain portion.

Thanks