Re: [RP] a few recommendations

From: Ryan Yeske
Subject: Re: [RP] a few recommendations
Date: 14 Feb 2001 21:22:06 -0800

shawn <address@hidden> writes:

> >2) I like the idea that closing the last app exits ratpoison.  Also please
> >   make it spawn an xterm on starting up.
>
> This could easily be a configure option...There was a patch around
> here somewhere to that wasn't there?

this reminds me of something that has been bugging me.  i was happy to
have the setting of my terminal in conf.h.  then i found one day it
moved to be a ./configure --option.  what is going to determine what
goes where?  or should we just have a .rc file and be done with it?

> >3) Background. Please make it black by default, not that ugly gray
> >X uses.
>
> xsetroot -fg black -bg black

this works nice too:
xsetroot -solid goldenrod

> should do that already. xsetroot can also set the cursor bitmap too,
> by the looks of things.

ryan

--
All of life is a blur of Republicans and meat!