Re: [RP] Re: Lightweight Web browsers

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: Lightweight Web browsers
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 09:55:46 +0200

On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 03:39:48PM +0800, zhaoway wrote:
> Nay, I haven't ever done even once -geometry thingy. Always
> maximise. Why not? Those apps can't do it sucks. :) (Though I'd really
> hope ratpoison could come over it, maybe a container alike applet for
> things such as Gimp etc.? Ie a lightweight xnest + a lightweight
> window manager(!!) would be helpful.) ohh my god, plus things as 9menu
> this ohh, this. ;)

i never did understand why people create applications like the gimp. i hated it
the first time i encountered visual basic. let's clone deluxe paint instead and
never-ever touch that over featured multi window toolkit parent!

what stops you from using Xnest and twm inside rp?

> P.S. ratpoison really rocks, but please pay less attention on how you
> could kill the mouse. effort on this direction seldom gains IMHO.

nah!

i thought so myself when i started running rp, but now i have realized. the rat
is evil and bad. almost as evil as emacs and bash.