Re: [RP] Re: Lightweight Web browsers

From: zhaoway
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: Lightweight Web browsers
Date: 29 Apr 2001 22:40:07 +0800

> i never did understand why people create applications like the
> gimp. i hated it the first time i encountered visual basic.  let's
> clone deluxe paint instead and never-ever touch that over featured
> multi window toolkit parent!

but there're just too many of them. and many of them are useful
too. besides gimp, there're imagemagick. for example. and there are
plaympeg and xine which play very badly with ratpoison. RP wanna
maximize them, but they don't like it.

> what stops you from using Xnest and twm inside rp?

memory. ;) anyway. i just hope we could have even more lightweight
xnest. then i will be in heaven with RP. ;)

> > P.S. ratpoison really rocks, but please pay less attention on how
> > you could kill the mouse. effort on this direction seldom gains
> > IMHO.
>
> nah!
>
> i thought so myself when i started running rp, but now i have
> realized. the rat is evil and bad. almost as evil as emacs and bash.

not really. ;)

--
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dim ...... Debian Chinese Input Method
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdlinux .. Debian running on Live! CDs