Re: [RP] escape key in moz

From: shawn
Subject: Re: [RP] escape key in moz
Date: Wed Sep 5 22:30:01 2001

>From: Campbell <address@hidden>
>Sender: address@hidden
>Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:13:55 +0200
>
>Hi again, odd thing I noticed which I'm not terribly concerned about, just
>find interesting...
>
>I've got a late-ish mozilla build, set up to search from the address bar.
>When the list box containing 'search Google for ...' is dropped down, my
>escape key (currently M-a) simple selects the whole text field, as if it
>was not a very important key combination at all.
>
>Any obvious (to someone else) reason for it?

This is probably because in this circumstance Mozilla grabs the
keyboard (man XGrabKeyboard) which cuts ratpoison out of the loop
(another annoyance of X), as it were. So M-a in mozilla means select
all. Thus, hitting your escape key selects the whole text field. I
don't think there's much you can do about it. Just don't find youself
in a situation where you need to switch windows at that point :(.