Re: [RP] Ideas about some screen commands..

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: Re: [RP] Ideas about some screen commands..
Date: Fri Sep 14 09:03:02 2001

> *) command, this is the same as my symbind, so symbind should be
> renamed to command

I seem to misread the screen docs. command does something like my
symbind, but not the same.

> *) hardcopy, hardcopy_append and hardcopydir could be implemented as
> exec commands, using a custom shell script and imagemagick's convert,
> or xwd (again, I can write an implementation of this in ~10 minutes)

A few shellscripts are attached to this e-mail :)

> *) info shouldn't be too hard to implement, either in ratpoison, or as
> a custom shell script using $XWINDOWID, some tool, and ratpoison -c echo

Patch attached

> *) lastmsg shouldn't be hard either, we just need to store the last
> message in a global variable. This could be done in a few minutes too.

Patch attached

> *) setenv/unsetenv might prove useful, or might not. I think I could
> hack it up in two minutes :)

Shawn implemented setenv under me, so a patch for unsetenv is attached :)

> *) startup_message could be used to hide/show the initial
> ratpoison-started-now message

Patch attached.

The patches should be applied in reverse order (startup_message first,
then unsetenv, lastmsg and info)

Cheers,
--
Gergely Nagy \ mhp/|8]