Re: [RP] Scripting question - or two...

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: Re: [RP] Scripting question - or two...
Date: Sat Oct 6 13:00:01 2001

> I'm running it, and have looked at that script. The problem is getting
> windows to open where I want them. The execd command returns
> immediately, and the following focusX commands happen before the first
> window opens. It's getting those synchronized that's the problem.

I see. With some while loop, sleep, and calling ratpoison -c windows
it could be done, but I agree, that it would be Ugly(tm).

> As for the shell - I'd be interested in a shell version of the
> ratwinmenu.py script I just posted.

Stay tuned :>

Wan't a SHOOP (shoop.sf.net) version too? :)

> Yup. That's how I did it last time. make -DCORBA to get the CORBA
> version, otherwise you get the plain version.
>
> Of course, I've got more important problems - like getting the "meta"
> command to work! - first. I've built the debugging version, and meta
> is getting run; the XSendEvent doesn't work :-(.

It was mentioned some time ago that sometimes XSendEvent sucks, but I
can't remember the rest of the thread :(

(/me notes he doesn't grok X at all)
--
Gergely Nagy \ mhp/|8]