Re: [RP] Scripting question - or two...

From: Mike Meyer
Subject: Re: [RP] Scripting question - or two...
Date: Sat Oct 6 13:58:03 2001

Martin Samuelsson <address@hidden> types:
> On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 02:38:54PM -0500, Mike Meyer wrote:
> > Yup. That's how I did it last time. make -DCORBA to get the CORBA
> > version, otherwise you get the plain version.
> > Of course, I've got more important problems - like getting the "meta"
> > command to work! - first. I've built the debugging version, and meta
> > is getting run; the XSendEvent doesn't work :-(.
> Solution: Don't use emacs, switch to vim.

I think I'd rather hack XEmacs to let X windows open in buffers :-).

> Or... I havn't got a clue on how to fix it in Xemacs, but set the following
> Xresource and make it work with xterm.
> from xterm's man page:
> "
> allowSendEvents (class AllowSendEvents)
> Specifies  whether  or  not  synthetic  key and button events (generated
> using the X protocol SendEvent
> request) should be interpreted or discarded.  The default is  ``false''
> meaning  they  are  discarded.
> Note that allowing such events creates a very large security hole.
> "

Bingo! That solved it. For Xemacs, the solution is (setq x-allow-sendevents t).

        Thanx,
        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <address@hidden>                     http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?              A: Tell them your plans.