Re: [RP] Re: bugs?

From: shawn
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: bugs?
Date: Tue Oct 9 23:31:09 2001

Mike Meyer <address@hidden> writes:

> > > The logical thing would, of course, be that Frame A & B were given that
> > > space in that case.
> >
> > This is what happens on my box. I don't use frames very often, but
> > I've never seen this happen. If you could find a way to reliably
> > create the bug, it would help a lot in finding out where its going
> > wrong.
>
> Ok, try this sequence...
>
> bind T exec ratpoison -c vsplit -c vsplit -c vsplit -c focusright -c
> focusright -c vsplit -c focusright -c vsplit -c focusright -c focusright -c
> hsplit -c focusdown -c remove
>
> That reliably leaves the lower right-hand corner out of the frame list.

Ok, its fixed in CVS.

+----+-----+
|    |  B  |
|    +-----+

The problem simplified to deleting C from the above
configuration. Window A would grow vertically and take up the right
amount of space and rp figured it was a match. If this happens before
frame B is checked, it messes up. I added a test to make sure the
window taking up the deleted frame's space actually overlaps the
delete window (in this case C).