[RP] Re: bugs?

From: Mike Meyer
Subject: [RP] Re: bugs?
Date: Tue Oct 9 12:43:05 2001

> > On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 01:30:43PM -0500, Mike Meyer wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, the rp command remove, to remove the frame, and not delete to
> > > delete the window.
> > >

> > The logical thing would, of course, be that Frame A & B were given that
> >
> > space in that case.
>

> This is what happens on my box. I don't use frames very often, but
> I've never seen this happen. If you could find a way to reliably
>
> create the bug, it would help a lot in finding out where its going
> wrong.

Ok, try this sequence...

bind T exec ratpoison -c vsplit -c vsplit -c vsplit -c focusright -c focusright
-c vsplit -c focusright -c vsplit -c focusright -c focusright -c hsplit -c
focusdown -c remove

That reliably leaves the lower right-hand corner out of the frame list.

I haven't had any look recreating the problem with windows raising
themselves and moving the focus :-(. Is there some technic to allow me
to capture a window of output from a debug build of rp, without having
to capture it all? If so, I'd leave that running and grab it when I
noticed the problem.

        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <address@hidden>                     http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?              A: Tell them your plans.