Re: [RP] frame navigation commands?

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: Re: [RP] frame navigation commands?
Date: Wed Oct 17 18:30:23 2001

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 07:25:36PM -0500, Mike Meyer wrote:
> Does anyone think this is a really bad or good idea?

I havn't decided my opinion yet. ;)

In the past it has been a design goal to keep rp close to screen in
behavior, look and feel. I don't know if that still is the case, but I
guess it still is.

Have you looked anything at how frameing is in screen?

If it is as bad as in rp I see no obvious reason why not to implement
something better. As always, of course, I'm not going to implement it. I'm
just here to watch the show.

I would like to say a couple of words about it though. The command names
seems a little difficult to understand for the novice rp user. Since no
sane person are going to use them typed a lot any ways, why not spell them
out? Something like focusnext, focusprev etc. Or is there any other ideas
on what to call the commands? Imo they should be named so it's easy to
understand what they do.

It's great to see that rp development is still alive. Keep that up!
--
/Martin