Re: [RP] frame navigation commands?

From: Doug Kearns
Subject: Re: [RP] frame navigation commands?
Date: Wed Oct 17 19:10:15 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Meyer" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 10:25 AM
Subject: [RP] frame navigation commands?

<snip>

> Frames are
> relatively new, and the commands for manipulating them don't seem to
> be nearly as well thought out.
>
> I'm proposing replacing the frame manipulation commands with a set
> similar to the window manipulation commands.

Well, they're designed to mimic the screen 'focus' command - focus
[up,down,top,bottom]
So, really, I think the focus* commands should be merged into one that
takes an argument. This would give you the best of both worlds,
compatibility and an ability to extend the command.
In general, I'd like compatibility with screen to be seen as a priority,
although I do see the _obvious_ problem with this, and for rp to deviate
only where necessary.

<snip>

> ftitle -> give a user title to the frame
> fnumber -> renumber the current frame
> fselect -> select a frame by name or title
>
> and, for the people doing scripting:
>
> frames -> print - or display - information about frames.

On the other hand, I certainly see no reason not to extend the command
base where appropriate and think these commands would be useful.

<snip>

Regards,
Doug