Re: [RP] Second keypress falls through

From: shawn
Subject: Re: [RP] Second keypress falls through
Date: Sun Oct 21 15:04:01 2001

Jonathan Walther <address@hidden> writes:

> Is this race condition innate to X itself?

No. The sequence of events are as such:

1. user presses C-t

2. ratpoison recieves it and switches windows to an input window where
   the second keystroke will be read

3. user presses f

4. ratpoison displays the current frame

when #2 happens before #3 is when things mess up. The race condition
is between ratpoison switching windows and the user hitting the second
keystroke.