Re: [RP] Second keypress falls through

From: Mike Meyer
Subject: Re: [RP] Second keypress falls through
Date: Tue Oct 23 00:24:06 2001

shawn <address@hidden> types:
> X handles that, not ratpoison. Ratpoison asks X to be notified about
> key events. Lets remember that ratpoison is just another X client like
> emacs, or xterm, or whatever. The ONLY difference is that ratpoison
> has the SubstructureRedirectMask on the root window. Only one client
> can have this.

If I read what Don Hopkins has to say about ICCCM and X correctly (at
correctly, this is a flaw in X, and there's not much that can be done
about it. Well, not much short of running NeWS and wrapping X Windows
in NeWS frames.

But if I were going to do that.....

        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <address@hidden>                     http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?              A: Tell them your plans.