Re: [RP] windowlist script and contrib/

From: Mike Meyer
Subject: Re: [RP] windowlist script and contrib/
Date: Tue Oct 23 00:40:03 2001

Doug Kearns <address@hidden> types:
> Once we can dump the values of the def* commands to stdout this should
> become even simpler and the second call to rp will become unnecessary.

I know it violates the "make it look like screen" idead, but I'd vote
for nuking all the defXXXX commands and replacing them with a single
"set" command and a table of variables. Or maybe a "def" command, and
a kludge to make "defXXXXX" equivalent to "def XXXXX". Hmmm....

> However, I've been using it for a month and it hasn't failed yet :-)

There's a bug in RP that is exercised by a tweaked version of that
script. I haven't tried your original script yet. The crucial
condition was that the screen is split vertically. If you haven't
tried your script after a vsplit, you might want to.

> Not everyone reads the list, although they should, and contrib/ is
> looking a tad empty ;-)

I think at least a pointer to ratmenu would be a nice addition as
well.

        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <address@hidden>                     http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?              A: Tell them your plans.