Re: [RP] Patch - defbargravity

From: Shawn
Subject: Re: [RP] Patch - defbargravity
Date: Tue Jan 29 02:18:01 2002

Doug Kearns <address@hidden> writes:

> The behaviour of the recently altered 'defbarloc' command seemed
> inconsistent to me given that it only took a subset of the gravity
> values.
>
> So in the spirit of 'least surprise' interface design, here is a tiny
> patch to allow it to use all of the gravity values and to rename it
> 'defbargravity'.
>
> :defbargravity center is actually kind of funky, really...

Now that IS excessive. I admit I've been pretty easy going on the
feature creap. But I'm afraid extending the defbarloc just because X
decided to define NORTH, SOUTH, etc. is ridiculous. That IS bloat
because it doesn't add anything useful. I don't like the name change
either since it has nothing to do with X11 window gravity.

I am willing to hear an argument for it, but don't expect me to give
in easily :)