[RP] Nominating apps to be ignored?

From: Malcolm Herbert
Subject: [RP] Nominating apps to be ignored?
Date: Sat Mar 30 17:11:37 2002

Hi ... long time fan of ratpoison, been using it for a while under
NetBSD now and had been using it under Solaris (on a three-headed
SparcStation 20 ... it worked very very well[1])

Anyway, I was wondering if there were any plans to be able to nominate
applications that would _not_ be managed by ratpoison (or not
resized/moved/iconised at least)

The reason I ask this is that I would like to start using xdaliclock on
my desktop again, however if I use it with ratpoison it instantly fills
the screen (as you'd expect) ... under my previous wm (ctwm) I was able
to have xdaliclock sitting on the top of all my other windows in the
bottom right of my screen and found it to be extremely useful, even
when
placed on top of a full-screen rxvt window

So being able to specify the geometry and layering of certain specific
windows would make my life a lot easier. I'm not talking about using
frames here, since I don't want to put a clock on my desktop at the
expense of real-estate in my rxvt, I just would like to overlay one on
top of the other and dictate its size and shape.

Regards,
Malcolm

[1] except that when I tried rp 1.0.0 I found that all non-focussed
windows became iconised and disappeared from my two other displays,
which meant I couldn't keep an eye on what was happening in those
windows ... has this bug been fixed? It was a pity, since rp 1.0.0 had
features I liked but this bug meant I had to go back to an older
version
which was a bit more unstable on that platform ... I no longer work
there though, so it's not an issue for me any more ...

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
address@hidden                                                left blank