Re: [RP] Licensing terms for ratpoison info page

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [RP] Licensing terms for ratpoison info page
Date: Thu Apr 15 22:17:01 2004

Did you mean "as good as done"?  No rush of course, but I didn't see
any new newkeymap docs on the wiki...

Joe

PS. By the way, here is a FUN function.

(defun rat-zip ()
  (interactive)
  (ratpoison-echo (yow)))

I was trying to do the same thing with scripts, but I couldn't figure
out how to make it print.

I tried this...

  alias zippy exec /sw/bin/ratpoison -c "echo `/Users/arided/bin/zippy`"  (1)

and while THIS works (from the command line)

  /sw/bin/ratpoison -c "echo `/Users/arided/bin/zippy`"                   (2)

the above (1) does not work as

  :zippy

The script in question is

    #!/bin/bash

    emacs -q --no-site-file --batch -f yow > taco 2>&1
    grep -v "CONSING" taco
    rm taco

I'm basically giving up on this (the emacs command version is
faster) but I'm curious to know what may be going wrong.