Re: [RP] keymaps & fun

From: twb
Subject: Re: [RP] keymaps & fun
Date: Sat Apr 17 20:41:00 2004

Quoth Joe Corneli <address@hidden> on or about Sat, 17 Apr 2004 21:50:41 -0500:
> Anyway -- question -- is it weird that
>  alias zippy exec /sw/bin/ratpoison -c "echo `/Users/arided/bin/zippy`"
>  alias zippy exec /sw/bin/ratpoison -c "echo $(/Users/arided/bin/zippy)"
> doesn't work when
>  /Users/arided/bin/zippy
>  /sw/bin/ratpoison -c "echo `/Users/arided/bin/zippy`"
> does work?

Possibly the ouptut is going to the wrong spot?  Or a $PATH / chmod
issue (although I think you've shown that's not the case).

Dunno if you can do this on OS-X, but on Linux I'd switch to the
parent console (C-M-F1) and see if anything is being spat out there.
Also try compiling RP with (iirc) -DDEBUG, which may elucidate.

Dont rm taco, and check it contains what it should.

If you feel quick&dirty, symlink the script into /sw/bin or wherever
IS working.

-trent
--
The only effect cocaine has is it to make
you really want more cocaine. -BlackDeth