[RP] Re: Licensing terms for ratpoison info page

From: Björn Lindström
Subject: [RP] Re: Licensing terms for ratpoison info page
Date: Thu Apr 15 23:45:09 2004

Joe Corneli <address@hidden> writes:

>   According to the [GNU Free Documentation License], the code on
>   this page should be licensed under the [GNU General Public
>   License] - the same terms as apply to ratpoison. Accordingly, it
>   is.
>
> I'm kind of going on the (tacit) assumption that all the code that
> the code that goes through this is GNU GPL, and that the same
> assumption should apply to the wiki.
>
> I know tacit assumptions like this are the sorts of things that can
> get people in trouble, so that's why I wanted to say something
> explicit on the wiki.  It might not have been quite explicit enough
> however.

Ayaayay! You can't do that. I'm changing it back. If we are to have some
different licensing than that of the FDL, it should say so in
conjunction with the page editing forms. Also, we would have to collect
agreements from everyone affected (or at least try).

I'll add a paragraph about what to do if you want to use a snippet from
the wiki in a GPL:ed work instead.

--
Björn Lindström <address@hidden>
http://bkhl.elektrubadur.se/