Re: [RP] unbanish patch

From: Trent Buck
Subject: Re: [RP] unbanish patch
Date: Thu May 20 00:16:08 2004

Quoth Shawn Betts on or about 2004-05-19:
> Trent Buck <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I patched cmd_banish to take an argument.
> >
> > banish
> > ==> bottom right of current screen.
> > banish n/m
> > ==> fraction of diagonal from current frame's origin.
> > banish n
> > banish -n
> > ==> current frame's origin +n+n or -n-n.
> >
> > This is primarily useful for programs which are stupid bastards and
> > don't listen to the keyboard sometimes (e.g. mozilla).  Just :banish
> > 1/2 and use mousekeys to center-click.
>
> Waddya think?

OK, here was my rationale:

* I really only need to have a 'center pointer in frame' command.
* I can't do that with mvmouse[0] (without talking to RP).
* It would be wrong to bloat RP to add ratty code.
* I'm not yet competent enough to write a concise, safe parser for the two args.
* :split's parser is right there and I can use it right now before I go to bed.

> Why not just have a command 'ratmove' that moves the rat to a
> specified x,y position. Negative values means from the bottom. Then
> you'd just alias banish to 'ratmove -0 -0' or something...
>
> You'd have to hardcode your center o' the screen x,y coordinates tho.

You can already do this with mvmouse / movemouse[0], relative to the
current screen.  I wanted locations relative to the current *frame*.

[0] written by the guy that wrote XBindKeys, I forget the url.  It's
got 'howcp.fr' in it.

-trent
--
I bet you'd waddle like they do, if you had to sit on
an ice-floe all day with no pants on :-) -- Chris King