Re: [RP] key-bindings + caplocks

From: Trent Buck
Subject: Re: [RP] key-bindings + caplocks
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:00:00 +1100

Up spake Stephen Lavelle:
> I don't know if this is a general problem, but I have ctrl+s bound to
> split the pains horizontally separation and ctrl+S (which I would
> usually use as ctrl+shift+s) bound to split the
> vertically separation.
>
> If I have cap locks on though, ctrl+S splits it vertically, but
> ctrl+shift+S splits it vertically as well...
>
> As I said, it's not much of a problem for me, but I did notice it

>From memory, Caps Lock should be ignored by Ratpoison.  Most of us don't
have / use Caps Lock, so you might have found a `bug'.

Alternatively, you could be binding things wrong.

        C-S-s => control + shift + s (lowercase)
        C-S-S => control + shift + S (uppercase)
        C-s   => control + s (lowercase)
        C-S   => control + S (uppercase)

IIRC, you should use the latter pair for letter keys. The -S modifier
was added because there is no `uppercase' for e.g. F1.

--
-trent
Ummon asked: `The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell