Re: [RP] key-bindings + caplocks

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [RP] key-bindings + caplocks
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:53:02 -0600

   > If I have cap locks on though, ctrl+S splits it vertically, but
   > ctrl+shift+S splits it vertically as well...

   I think this is a feature. Shift makes it upper case. So does caps
   lock. DOS toggled the case. DOS was Wrong.

   This is probably the right time for you to question why you have a
   caps lock key.

sHAWN,

dos MIGHT BE WRONG, BUT CAN eMACS BE WRONG?

jOE

P.S. I don't remember why I have a capslock key.  Maybe it is just so
that I can engage in conversations like this one.  (The tradeoff was
the ESC key, which is even less useful, cf. the introduction of Neo in
"The Matrix".)

For anyone who cares, I was a contributing author on a minor mode that
really does appear to make capslock obsolete (for Emacs users).

 http://www.ma.utexas.edu/~jcorneli/a/elisp/caps-mode.el

AND BY THE WAY, CAPS-MODE IS NOT "WRONG".