Re: [RP] new commands putsel and getsel

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [RP] new commands putsel and getsel
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:30:31 -0600

   Joe Corneli <address@hidden> writes:

   > Is there a way to use these commands from within a program (emacs)
   > that's running remotely when my ratpoison is running locally?

   If you had a copy of ratpoison on the remote machine, you could run:

   DISPLAY=... ratpoison -c getsel

   from the remote emacs and it'll get the selection off the X server.

How do I know what ... is supposed to be?

I tried

 DISPLAY=:0 ratpoison -c getsel

but that didn't seem to work.

 Xlib: No protocol specified

 Can't open display

I guess I guessed wrong? (Unless bychance this is a firewall issue?)

Joe