Re: [RP] ratpoison configuration howto updated

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] ratpoison configuration howto updated
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:37:44 -0400

Jonathan Walther <address@hidden> writes:

> Perhaps this is a ratpoison bug?  Is ratpoison assuming that a keysym
> will only be bound to ONE key, so not detecting when I hit keycode 111,
> because it things "Print" only applies to keycode 92?

The problem is in input.c:keysym_to_keycode_mod().

It uses the X call XKeysymToKeycode, which takes a keysym and returns
a keycode. The problem is multiple keycodes can map to the same
keysym, which is what you've done. I don't know how to request all
keycodes that a keysym is bound to. If that can be figured out, when
the function could return a list of keycodes.

I'll look into it.

-Shawn