[RP] window size

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: [RP] window size
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 14:37:44 -0500

I'm using a different X manager from usual, and made some changes to
the way things load up.  Seeing some different behavior - maybe
worth mentioning, to get some feedback.

Specifically: now, whenever I launch an Emacs *after* RP has started,
there is a gap at the top of the screen.  If I launch Emacs before
RP, no gap, things look good.

For the longest time, I've been adjusting my windows to fit the screen
using

set padding -2 -2 -2 -2

in the .ratpoisonrc.  Now, I'm noticing that if I run

set padding -2 -3 -2 -3

the new windows look better (no gap).

I guess this is not really a bug report or a help request (because
presumably changing this setting will make things work well for me in
the future)... but I'm confused by this behavior, and maybe someone
can help explain what's going on?

Since the first window is "right", maybe there is some other (easy)
way to make subsequent windows "right" too?

Joe