[RP] Request: Documentation change

From: Zach White
Subject: [RP] Request: Documentation change
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 06:32:55 +0000

Hi Everyone,

I just spent a couple hours trying to figure out how to bind actions on
my keypad. Finally, after tracing things out in the source, I figured out
that I needed to bind the names in /usr/X11R6/include/X11/keysymdef.h
instead of the keys (like /, etc).

Can this be documented? I'd hate to see someone else go through the
same experience I just went through.

Perhaps a table of keys that can be bound to, and what name ratbox
expects to see? I'm willing to put something together sometime this
week if anyone's interested in including this but doesn't want to
actually do the work themselves.

As an aside, if anyone is interested in car computers, keep reading.
Otherwise, ignore the rest of my email. :)

I'm planning to use ratpoison as the WM in my car. It works out perfectly,
actually. I have this USB 10-key I bought that will act as the interface.
The 10-key has an esc key in the upper left that I'm using as the escape
key (clever, eh?) and I'll bind various keys on the device for actions.
Right now I only have next and prev bound, but I plan to make use of exec
and shell escapes to start various programs and generally interact with the
system.

-Zach