Re: [RP] Request: Documentation change

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [RP] Request: Documentation change
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 06:17:47 -0500

   +You can specify most keys in the way you'd imagine. Some keys require
   +special names to be assigned to, however. These include any key which
   +is not a single letter as well as the keys of the keypad on the right
   +side of your keyboard.  You can find a comprehensive list of keys and
   +what your system calls them in X11/keysymdef.h in your include path.

The above might be sufficient, it seems a bit odd to reproduce the
list here (especially as it is likely that some mistake or omission
will be made on such a list; e.g., it seems to me that binding to
Mode_switch would be a bad idea).

Furthermore, this:

   +These all correspond to keys on the keypad:

is dubious.  The "correspondence" you allude to, while not entirely in
your head, is by no means set in stone either.  Indeed, I believe that
you have simply produced two lists of _keysyms_, some of which happen
to have "KP_" attached to them.