Re: [RP] Ratpoison 1.4.0

From: Aaron Griffin
Subject: Re: [RP] Ratpoison 1.4.0
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 10:04:31 -0500

On 4/3/06, Shawn Betts <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm pretty content with ratpoison and quite sick of writing
> C. So..experimental development doesn't happen much. I've recently
> improved stumpwm (ratpoison in common lisp, basically) enough that I
> use it most of the time now. That's where I imagine one day you'll
> find the craaaazy nutz hackz. Of course relevant features might get
> backported to ratpoison. For instance, I prototyped the new command
> parsing code in stumpwm and then wrote roughly the equivalent for
> ratpoison.

Meh, I would mess with stumpwm a bit more, but I've never been a lisp
person.  Sure it's a great language and I fully agree with whatever
that quote was, that "after sufficient extension, all languages tend
toward lisp" or something to that effect.

Maybe it's just something I need to mess with more, but as it stands,
the lispy-emacsy part makes me a tad leary or doing anything complex
with stump.  On the same side of the coin, I'm not a huge fan of
creating small scripting languages for simple tasks - maybe one could
work in lisp support inside ratpoison?  Just musing here...

Anyway nothing important to say... thanks for RP