[RP] sparc segfault on startup with version 1.4.0

From: Michael Graham
Subject: [RP] sparc segfault on startup with version 1.4.0
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:45:05 +0100

Hi all,

I have started using ratpoison on my sparc box at uni (SunOS sanda 5.8
Generic_117350-26 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100 Solaris) and was
experiencing random crashes when switching workspace with rpws (so
gselect I guess).

I have rebuilt with --enable-debug and and added
-fno-omit-frame-pointer to CCFLAGS and now ratpoison crashes on
startup. I have ran ratpoison through gdb and attached the output.

I've just ran make again and I noticed the following,

actions.c: In function `frestore':
actions.c:4385: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
actions.c:4402: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

I'm no c programmer so I'm not sure if this is important but i presume
it can't be good

Thanks for your time.

p.s. I'm currently building with -02 is it worth rebuilding with -O0?

--
Michael Graham <address@hidden>