[RP] Re: after toggling display of the message bar, for 10 seconds whole

From: Miernik
Subject: [RP] Re: after toggling display of the message bar, for 10 seconds whole CPU is eaten
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 17:56:11 +0200

Andre Noll <address@hidden> wrote:
> "ratpoison restart" makes the problem go away. Be prepared to wait
> for a minute or so, as the machine seems to be dead during the restart

You meant "ratpoison -c restart"? Thanks, it helped.

I also found out, that if I want to toggle message bar visibility, I can
first hide the window with "Ctrl-t -", then I can do "Ctrl-t w" without
any delay, and then "Ctrl-t 0" or whatever my window number was to get
it back. This hack is however of no use for the delay in case an
application displays a new window, since if I hide the application, I
usually cannot make it display that new window :)

--
Miernik
http://miernik.name/