Re: [RP] Re: after toggling display of the message bar, for 10 seconds w

From: Andre Noll
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: after toggling display of the message bar, for 10 seconds whole CPU is eaten
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 03:57:17 +0200

On 17:56, Miernik wrote:

> You meant "ratpoison -c restart"? Thanks, it helped.

Sure. Sorry about the confusion.

> I also found out, that if I want to toggle message bar visibility, I can
> first hide the window with "Ctrl-t -", then I can do "Ctrl-t w" without
> any delay, and then "Ctrl-t 0" or whatever my window number was to get
> it back. This hack is however of no use for the delay in case an
> application displays a new window, since if I hide the application, I
> usually cannot make it display that new window :)

I think we should really fix the root of the problem. Does anybody
else see these delays?

Maybe it's related to the X server. I'm using the intel i810 driver.
Miernik, are you also using this driver?

Andre
--
The only person who always got his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe