Re: [RP] When Unmanage Doesn't Work

From: TBlittlefoot
Subject: Re: [RP] When Unmanage Doesn't Work
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 19:43:32 -0800

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 01:51:15PM -0500, Mark Eichin wrote:
> xv does a lot of things wrong (not just the license :-) like actually
> having screen resolution impact image resolution, so I agree with the
> other suggestion of trying some other tool...

It sucks. The voluminous docs are uncomprehensible and for some reason,
known only to him and his therapist, he provides them in only .ps
format. Like everyone prints out all their docs as a matter of course.

> However, xv is the command name, I'm pretty sure not the window
> name... what does ratpoison think the name is?  (Without checking the
> code, I can't tell if you want
>
>   ratpoison -c 'windows %a'
> or
>   ratpoison -c 'windows %t'
>
> so try both...)

When I do ^T w it says "...: xv 3.10a" But I'll try those.

I experimented with unmanage for an x-terminal-emulator I
don't normally use. Worked fine, except that I couldn't get
the focus in the little window and it vanished when I changed
windows and came back, although the process was still running
in the background.

Thanks,

Tom