Re: [RP] operations occur in wrong frame

From: Martin Lefebvre
Subject: Re: [RP] operations occur in wrong frame
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 07:07:32 -0500

On Dec 20, 2007 5:08 PM, TBlittlefoot <address@hidden> wrote:
Martin,
On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 10:49:15AM -0500, Martin Lefebvre wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2007 10:45 AM, Martin Lefebvre <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > is it possible that frames 2 and 3 have been set dedicated?

I don't see how, unless you've done it yourself, manually or in
your ratpoisonrc or in a script called from there or another RP config
file sourced from there.

As I indicated in my other post, the only place I have been able to find
RP messages is in the tty where X booted from.

> oops, sorry for the top posting... I keep forgetting about it when I'm stuck
> using gmail.

Next time, it's 50 lashes with a wet noodle. :-)

Now, what you need to do is try what I suggested and answer the questions
I asked,  or explain why you didn't.

If you don't, I'll ignore any further postings from you. And please, post

It boils down to this: Start with a clean slate and build your workspace
again from scratch and see what happens.

I built a similar frameset again, and ended up with frames 0,1,2. Don't
know how I got 1,2,3 the first time. I created three 'xterms' first,
then picked one and subdivided. Responses to the stock frame/window
navigation commands were as indicated the first time.

My experience so far indicates that if you have any windows outside
of a multi-frame screen, you are going to have problems. It is much
better, usually, to just create another workspace and use that for
the other windows (use rpws to set up the workspaces).

Tom

I was actually throwing ideas at the original poster, and my messages were posted to the list...

--
Martin Lefebvre
eMail: address@hidden