[RP] Problems with Java Swing Applications

From: Eric A
Subject: [RP] Problems with Java Swing Applications
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 01:18:13 +0200

Hi,

I use several Java trading applications, with which ratpoison is
having problems. I have tried several different Java Swing apps, and
some work correctly, some have problems where the mouse menu selection
calibration is 50-200 pixels too high, and some just display a blank
window.

I have attached a simple Java Swing example I found that creates a
window with a couple menu items. It works correctly in openbox and
other window managers I've tested, but just displays a blank window in
ratpoison. Any ideas on what's wrong?

Thanks,
Eric