Re: [RP] Problems with Java Swing Applications

From: Ellington Santos
Subject: Re: [RP] Problems with Java Swing Applications
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 21:25:37 -0300

Ratpoison's FAQ answers your question:

I only get blank windows when running some Java GUI programs

    "wmname LG3D" solves problem in sun jdk6. Tool is available here:
http://tools.suckless.org/wmname.
    also JVM/JRE 7+ seems not to have this problem
    see
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do;jsessionid=44019c71215e20142b35729ddd054?bug_id=6574362
for more info