Re: [RP] So what terminal _does_ display partial lines.

From: Quentin Carbonneaux
Subject: Re: [RP] So what terminal _does_ display partial lines.
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 13:21:58 +0200

On 10/01 11:12, Shawn Betts wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 6:56 AM, Rob Paisley <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I think he's looking to eliminate the border space caused by a font /
> > terminal that's not willing to use those last few pixels to display a half
> > height character or half width character depending on which side got the
> > border.
> >
> > Try out different fonts until you get one that fills the whole screen. Took
> > me a few tries to find one I liked and filled the screen. Good luck!
>
> I just set my root window to black:
>
> xsetroot -solid black
>
> IIRC. It's a few wasted pixels but I don't notice so I don't really care.

You could also hack ratpoison to make it ignore client hints. This space
is caused because ratpoison tries to respect size hints. Many other
tiling WM just ignore them but it can cause refresh problems (with xterm
for example) because the client assumes its height/width is a multiple
of a given value.

--
Quentin Carbonneaux