Re: [RP] So what terminal _does_ display partial lines.

From: chris (fool) mccraw
Subject: Re: [RP] So what terminal _does_ display partial lines.
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 08:54:14 -0700

On Oct 1, 2011 6:56 AM, "Rob Paisley" <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think he's looking to eliminate the border space caused by a font /
> terminal that's not willing to use those last few pixels to display a half
> height character or half width character depending on which side got the
> border.

that was my understanding as well.

what i ended up doing to achieve that effect was just using a terminal
that lets you disable the border (rxvt, but i think others probably
have that setting too) and xsetroot -solid'ing the same color as the
terminal background.

it's pretty sweet to boot up to a black screen with a white shell
prompt on it (in my favorite font, of course) and nothing else...

i guess an alternative might be finding a terminal that lets you have
a flat (non-beveled, if that makes sense?) border, and lets you set
the color so it matches the terminal, and swelling that to the right
number of pixels to fill the entire screen.  only works, i guess, if
you're off by the same pixel factor in width and height tho.