rdiff-backup-users

cross-platform backup tool Planning for milestone 2.4.0

From: Eric Zolf
Subject: cross-platform backup tool Planning for milestone 2.4.0
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 07:56:32 +0100

Hi,

milestone 2.2.0 is nearing its completion, and I've started to think about what I'd like to implement for the next version.

If you'd like to have a look, and give feedback, check https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/milestone/3

It's not a promise that everything will be implemented in 2.4 but that's the things I plan to work on, and if they are too hard, then they'll be moved to the next milestone.

The background is the need to support the old 200 API aka rdiff-backup v2.0.5. This hinders quite a lot my ability to do big changes, meaning big changes will only happen for 3.0+ (which will be an interesting release, but it's probably a few years until we're there).

Hence small steps for now, also not bad...

KR, Eric