rdiff-backup-users

Re: cross-platform backup tool Planning for milestone 2.4.0

From: Patrik Dufresne
Subject: Re: cross-platform backup tool Planning for milestone 2.4.0
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 07:04:57 -0500

Hiu Eric,

Thanks alot for all the good work you have done so far on rdiff-backup. It
was about time to have someone dedicated like you are to the project.

As for version 2.2.0 I have to re-test, but I've faced a compilation issue
on MacOS with the latest pip version. I had to revert back to the previous
version of pip. I'm not sure if it's related to pip or rdiff-backup at this
point. https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/11597
It might be related to the tweak we are doing in setup.py.

As for version 2.4.0, the list of enhancements is great and will be a good
improvement to move forward.
One BIG missing feature that is worth thinking about is to continue a
backup after a failure.

--
IKUS Software
https://www.ikus-soft.com/