repo-criteria-discuss

Re: You rate savannah.gnu.org at A? AYFKM?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: You rate savannah.gnu.org at A? AYFKM?
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 23:50:15 -0500

  > > We are the free software movement.

  > False. You are *a part of* the free software movement, but nowhere near
  > all of it, and whether you're currently a major part of it (or ever
  > were) is debatable.

I started the free software movement, and I developed the philosophy
for it.  I also launched development of the GNU system.  We have been
campaigning for software freedom for a long time.

Your hostility, often based on incorrect guesses of what our views
are, doesn't show our views are wrong, only that you disagree.
It is not a reason to change them.

I would have been willing to discuss with you the reasons why (1)
accessibility is an issue of features not freedom and (2) why software
freedom is properly a higher priority than features, if you were
inclined to have a thoughtful discussion about these questions.  But
you're not inclined to do that, so I don't see a point in explaining.