reproduce-devel

[task #16244] Software update 2022-2

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #16244] Software update 2022-2
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 09:42:07 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #11, task #16244 (project reproduce):

To check the total amount of RAM usage by GCC, I am now re-building it. But a
minute before the build, I started this simple infinte loop in another
terminal to keep track of the total RAM used and available:

rm -f freecheck.txt && while true; do free -h | awk '/^Mem:/' >>
freecheck.txt; sleep 1; done

In short, every second it will add a line to 'freecheck.txt', with the status
of RAM. After GCC finishes, we can find the maximum amount of overall usage
(and can even plot it) :-).

I won't be doing any major

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?16244>

Message sent via Savannah