Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] http not working for savannah.gnu.org ...

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] http not working for savannah.gnu.org ... ?
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:31:15 -0400

On Fri, 2014-03-28 at 12:18 -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Thank you for reporting this problem.  However this always works fine
> for me.  But I think we have different environments.  Does being
> logged in versus not logged in change this in any way?

> When I am logged in the page always redirects to the https version of
> the page.  When not logged in it simply works with the http version of
> the page.  I just now tested a few combinations and I didn't see
> problems either way.

I was logged in, yes.  I didn't try logging out.

But now it started working for me.  When I just tried it took a while
with "Connecting..." but finally came back with the page (previously it
would come back with an error page), and now when I do it it works
quickly.

So, either there was something wrong on my end or else someone fixed it!

Thanks Bob.  FWIW, I agree that it would be good to change the email
link address...

PS. I am using Chromium, and the only plugins I have wouldn't impact
this: flashblock and adblock basically.